SC - Question on Blanc Manger

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 09:16:30 PDT 1999

Hello, list!

My father is very ill and one of his symptoms is that he cannot eat very much
at any one time, and what he can eat has to go down very smoothly.  This has
been going on for a couple of weeks now and we are getting a bit desperate to
get some nutrition into him.

So I thought I'd make him some blanc manger, using Master's A's recipe from
the EK banquet he posted some time ago.  After all, all the books I've read
say it was used for invalid food (tho never in my wildest dreams did I think
I'd ever use it for that purpose!)

Since I've only made it once and it disappeared in about 15 minutes flat I
have some questions regarding the keep-ability of this dish:

Does it re-heat and/or freeze well?  For that matter, is it good served cold?

Any advise from the more experienced blanc manger-makers out there would be
greatly appreciated.

Renata