SC - Bhuna Prawn and Puri

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Thu Jun 10 18:56:35 PDT 1999

Adamantius wrote:

>Now that's not really a problem as long as people like the other stuff,
>but it might help explain why bhuna in the UK might differ from bhuna in
>India. Not to mention bhuna in the USA, or, for that matter, in Iceland.

Very true. But I think the explanation in this case might be that bhuna (or
bhoona, which seems to be the more common spelling - try a search for that,
Elysant) isn´t any specific recipe, or spice blend, or anything like that -
it is more a generic term like "curry". (BTW, a traditional Icelandic
"curry" is definitely not something an Indian would recognize.)

And thank you for using Fettucine Alfredo as an example - when I read your
comments about the American mutant I could at last understand a discussion I
was reading recently and couldn´t really make head or tail of - the only
version of Fettucino Alfredo I´m familiar with is fairly close to the
original (well, it does have a dash of cream and a grating of nutmeg, but
that´s it).

Nanna