SC - (OT) food for ill kids

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 16:43:14 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/11/99 10:51:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Varju at aol.com
writes:

<< Mashed potatoes might not be a bad thing to try, along with chicken noodle
 soup, or Jell-O, which we all my mother's things to fed us when we were sick.

 Noemio >>

I have read all the modern suggestions but I haven't seen the old tried and
trues....milk toast or buttered toast soaked in tea or good chicken broth.....

Milk Toast

Toast
1/2 cp. milk
Dash of Salt and Pepper
Dash of Black pepper, ground
1 tsp. butter

Put milk, salt, pepper and butter in a small pan. Heat until hot but not
boiling and butter is melted. Pour over toast. Leave for 2 to 3 mins. Serve.

This was the  food we always got when we were sick and I still use it as a
'comfort' food. ;-)

Ras