SC - Pennsic Slaughtering Class:Official Stuff

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 11 23:23:50 PDT 1999

Alys Katharine, in the official capacity of Pennsic Class Coordinator writes:

> Phlip, we may need to take this to private e-mail, but the way it works
> at Pennsic is that the first folk to sign up (starting at 8:45 am of
> the day before) are the ones in the class.  Now, since folk on this
> List have expressed interest in going, and have been assured of a spot,
> there are two possibilities.  One is that they all be sure to get into
> line at 8 am of the morning before so that they will be among the 15
> who first hit the sign-up list.

I'm afraid this may seem selfish, but is there any policy reason that
this has to be a formal Pennsic class? This could be done as simply
a private class if these other concerns get to be too much. If Phlip
wants to open the class to others not currently on the sign-up list
this might reguire some kind of sign-up in her camp, though.

As an educational tool, closing the class does have disadvantages. I
can easily see both sides of this problem. Sigh. I've missed a number
of classes at Pennsic because the classes were full when I finally
got there to sign up. Sometimes just observing is almost as good. But
somewhere in my garage (unless my wife has thrown it out) is a plastic
garbage bag of unwashed sheep wool that I bought after observing a
class on making felted shoes three years ago. Never got around to
washing the wool and then making the shoes. And if I ever find that
bag, I probably won't even open it, at least not inside. :-)

But I want to do this class.

Phlip, I guess it is your call.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net