SC - OT, OOP chocolate-potato truffles was Citron and Potato

Rayne and Richard PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net
Mon Jun 14 06:49:42 PDT 1999

Not only do I collect old cookbooks, but old cooking "stuff" and I use them.
One of my favorites (which you can still buy new) is my potato ricer.  It is
shaped like this (sort of when not in use) with a handle and a basket-like area
that is full of holes.
       _________________________

You put your cooked potatoes (and even other foods) in the basket and the ricer
has another part that compresses the potatoes forcing them through the holes.
"Ricing" them.  The potatoes have a smoother texture when made into mashed
potatoes or you can just rice them and top them with butter and spices and not
"mash" them at all.  For a picture of a "real" ricer - go to the following link.

http://www.chefskitchen.com/gourmet_store/shopping/department/bread/item/scandanavian_cooking/icn/03-30-0030/tag/909558872/

Rayne