SC - Scaling up recipes?

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon Jun 21 11:44:18 PDT 1999

I respectfully disagree with you Ras.

We have a Stan Wyrm chicken recipe (see below) that uses about 2½ C. of
sauce for one chicken.  If you enlarged the sauce recipe proportionately,
you have way too much sauce.

By the way, this makes great tourney food by cooking chicken whole in a
roasting bag and then Ziplock-bagging it for the cooler.  Great cold.

Stan Wyrm Chicken

1½ C. orange juice
1¼  C. soy sauce
1 T. dark corn syrup (or honey)
½ ts dry mustard pwdr.
1 ts. garlic pwdr.
¼ ts. cinnamon
2 ts. cornstarch
½ ts. gr. ginger
(Adjust spices for taste)

 The above sauce is enough for one chicken.   Cook cut-up chicken in one
layer in large pan.  Pour sauce over chicken and bake uncovered at 325 for
approx. 1 hr. 10 min., basting every 10 min.

For larger amounts -- Do Not multiply sauce by amount of poultry -- I
tripled this recipe for approx 30 lbs. of chicken.