SC - Soft fruit glut.

Oughton, Karin (GEIS, Tirlan) Karin.Oughton at geis.ge.com
Tue Jun 22 03:39:21 PDT 1999

	Folks,

	Myself and a friend are going soft fruit picking in a couple of
weeks time , and given past experience we usually bring home a boot  (
sorry, trunk : )   ) load of fruit, far more than we can eat in one go!

	We've thought of making jam, freezing, making cordials, etc.

	What would traditionally have been done with a glut of soft fruit to
preserve it for the winter? Any one got any favourite recipes? The fruits we
are looking at are strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries and  possibly
bramble berries although I think that will almost certainly be later in the
year given the weather conditions. If we are lucky we may also pick up some
black and red currants.

	I tried trawling through the Florilegium , but couldn't find much (
maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? )

	cheers

	Karin