SC - Capers

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 24 22:39:11 PDT 1999

Renata asked:
> Which brings up another question -- were capers used in our period?  I
> haven't seen them mentioned, which doesn't mean they're not...

The answer, as discussed a while back on this list, is yes. But they
don't seem to have been real common and they seem to be primarily a
southern European item. Take a look at this file in the PLANTS, HERBS
and SPICES section of my Florilegium:

capers-msg         (9K)  5/14/97    Use of capers in medieval food.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****