SC - Cone History

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jun 25 02:25:39 PDT 1999

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Naw. Didn't you ever, as a kid, bite off the end of an ice cream cone
> and suck the now semi-frozen ice cream out of the cone? Even if they
> start out as perfect cones they don't stay that way.

Whaddayamean, as a kid? I'm a living example of the great social problem
of kids who have kids. So what if I'm going gray?

I guess my original point was that there are/were few or no perfectly
sealed sugar cones. A sugar cone, BTW, is what comes closer to the
rolled-pizelle/wafer concept, while, ironically, the wafer cone is so
called not because it's made from a wafer, but because it's made from
something which must, once, have been chemically and structurally
similar to the kind of unleavened dough oblies and communion wafers were
made from, as well as the wafers that live under La Bella Ferrara
Torrone Nougat, various marzipan doodads,  etc.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com