SC - chicken sources

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jun 8 22:25:22 PDT 1999

Angeline commented:
> My main summer project is to get chickens again.  I don't want as many and
> I probably won't let them run as free as they did.  Letting them run all
> over the yard is impractical even with the 8 acres we have.  I haven't
> really thought about what kind.

There have been some lists of sources for these different types of chickens
given here or on the SCA-Arts lists. This file in the ANIMALS section of
my Florilegium has some of these sources listed:
fowls-a-birds-msg (27K)  2/ 5/99    Period fowls and birds. Period Chickens.

Next fall I'd like to hear how your project works out. It sounds like just
the project for someone else to do. :-)

Stefan (city boy. Make that small city boy, not NYC or Houston)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****