SC - Re: OT - keeping chickens

Vicki Strassburg taltos at primenet.com
Wed Jun 9 16:53:16 PDT 1999

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Angie Malone wrote:

> My main summer project is to get chickens again.  I don't want as many and
> I probably won't let them run as free as they did.  Letting them run all
> over the yard is impractical even with the 8 acres we have.  I haven't

Greetings, Angeline.

I am very tired and in the mood to reminisce. Apologies in advance for
use of bandwidth. Your message reminded of a time back when ...
My neighbor had chickens, but we live in the city. He kept them in the
space between the houses, which ended up being about 5 feet from my bed,
on the other side of the open window. I asked him repeatedly to keep the
rooster somewhere else, but he always "forgot." So one day I took a recipe
for chicken soup and taped it to his side of the fence. He never forgot
after that.  :-)

~Maedb