SC - food for ill kids

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 11 22:38:08 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

	My mum sometimes did dry toast and weak tea if we were ill- but
mostly practiced a benign neglect. For my kids, it depends what they're
sick with. They're likely to get herb tea, soda crackers, and yogurt for
tummy troubles, teas heavy on citrus and mint, with hot soups and orange
slices for colds, hot gatorade (don't knock it- that what the damn
TheraFlu is made with), chicken soup and something with hot peppers (to
make 'em sweat- breaks a fever if it isn't too high) for the 'flu, and
popsicles and hot sekanjabin for sore throats. When I'm sick I'll live for
days on yogurt and tea. And szeschwan if my sinuses are acting up.
	Isn't it interesting how many memories we have linked to illness
and food? When I was a kids virtually the only time we had soda pop was if
we'd been vomiting. It is a mystery that I can drink it at all. (I love
Citra, and I just discovered a new source for Jolt cola, in the big 33.8
oz. bottles! Yee Haw!)

wired for sound on Jolt and a Snickers,
'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
- -
'A Vaillans Coeurs Riens Impossible'
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731