OT Alfredo - was - Re: SC - Bhuna Prawn and Puri

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Jun 13 11:12:54 PDT 1999

Thank you, Adamantius- I knew I could count on my personal on line culinary
encyclopedia in a pinch- after all, not being a pro chef at the moment, you
are no doubt returning to sanity ;-)

So, with this technique, what are the most common sauces thickened by this
method? Did I understand you correctly, that this method could be applied to
any liquid combination intended as a sauce?

On the Alfredo, do you mean that SOME of the hot water has been drained off,
or that NONE of it has been drained? If some is drained, how much is
retained? I take it that I'm not to do this just before the nines, in case
some sob comes on line? And why do you recommend strongly against the usage
of Romano cheese? Is there a chemical/textural differentiation here, or is
it simply too strong for the dish, even as a variant to be served with
stronger flavored foods?

My choleresterol count was 146 last time- I think I have room to play. Any
particular butter reccomended? Ras' soured butter sounds very good, and I've
enough Amish nearby that I'm sure I can find some.

Phlip

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig