SC - Ansteorran King's College

Tue Jun 22 19:20:23 PDT 1999

> Other news from King's College, Ld. Bear taught a couple of classes in
> bread baking and krapfen
> making.
>
> Gunthar

His Majesty's class was nicely done.  I was in the kitchen preparing bread
for the sideboard and got to watch the show.

The Basic Baking was interesting.  I made some observations about color and
texture of the manchet that I will have to resolve by using real ale barm.
Work interfered with my Krapfen experiments, so I went into the class with
no handouts and a wing and a prayer.  I thought it was rather successful and
I will be working up handouts for future classes, so Stefan will get the
information I promised him.  I think I may have learned more making Krapfen
than the other people in the class and I have a big bunch of questions I
need to answer.

I also learned that my lecture technique is abysmal.  It has a thick layer
of rust on it, so I expect I'll be doing more instruction over the next few
years to clean it up.

I'm on seven day weeks with long hours, so email time is in short supply.
Fortunately, I was authorized overtime just today.  Soon as this is over,
I'll get back to posting more regularly, and I haven't forgotten the baps.

Bear