SC - RE smalls - OT OOP

Oughton, Karin (GEIS, Tirlan) Karin.Oughton at geis.ge.com
Thu Jun 24 07:20:30 PDT 1999

>   It is how and why (with tone and
> inflection) as well as the word that can cause problems.

	hear hear!

	My folks called me all sorts of things from 'shrimp' to 'titch' to
'brat' to 'long lankins'( may I point out that I 'm only just under 6 foot
tall , which isn't bad for a woman, and I was always bidding fair for that
height , the whole way through.) But they said it lovingly as a 'cute' name.

	Culture differences can/do make you jump, but you can usually tell
when someone's being hurtful from the inflection/context.

	And now for a good "Shrimp" recipe suggestion, before someone
prompts ; )  : potted shrimp in ramekins with butter.

	karin