SC - Soft fruit glut.

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 10:37:29 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/22/99 6:09:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<< The Fettiplace receipt book has recipes for preserving fresh fruits.  Jams
 since it is from 1604, but also suckets and other candies that involve less
 sugar. >>

There is a very easy jam recipe in Fettiplace -- basically you boil your
sugar syrup until it becomes rock candy in the pot (very scary!) then dump in
your raw fruit.  By the time the sugar has re-dissolved the jam is ready to
set, with hardly any cooking done to the fruit.  The taste is out of this
world!

I'll post the whole recipe later when I'm at home where the book is.

Renata