SC - Medieval Portuguese cookbooks?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Jun 30 23:01:52 PDT 1999

At 10:24 AM -0400 6/30/99, Cindy Renfrow wrote:
>Hello!  All I have is:
>
>"Um Tratado Da Cozinha Portuguesa Do Seculo XV"
>(A Text on Portuguese Cooking from the Fifteenth Century)
>Tr. by Jane L. Crowley from a modern Portuguese text by Professor Antonio
>Gomes Filho. Copyright 1988 by Jane L. Crowley.
>That's all the bibliographic info I have, but I think this probably was
>printed by Cariadoc.  There are no Portuguese originals in the text.

The book is a modern Portuguese translation of a 15th c. Portuguese
cookbook. I got an English translation done, included it in Volume II of my
collection for a while, then removed it when I realized that an English
translation of a modern Portuguese translation is covered by the first
translator's copyright. I've been hoping to get someone to retranslate from
the 15th c. portuguese (which is included, I think in facsimile, with the
modern translation).

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/