OT Alfredo - was - Re: SC - Bhuna Prawn and Puri

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 10 19:15:55 PDT 1999

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir wrote:

> And thank you for using Fettucine Alfredo as an example - when I read your
> comments about the American mutant I could at last understand a discussion I
> was reading recently and couldn´t really make head or tail of - the only
> version of Fettucino Alfredo I´m familiar with is fairly close to the
> original (well, it does have a dash of cream and a grating of nutmeg, but
> that´s it).
>
> Nanna

The cream is probably there to act as an emulsifier for wimps who can't
handle the monter au beurre technique. I'm sure there's a name for it in
Italian, I just don't know what it is. You should end up with a creamy
but extremely light sauce rather like  a non-acid, cheesy beurre blanc.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com