SC - (OT) food for ill kids

Oughton, Karin (GEIS, Tirlan) Karin.Oughton at geis.ge.com
Fri Jun 11 04:00:33 PDT 1999

This is somewhat off topic but came to mind because of the blancmange
conversations:

My 4 year old was rushed into hospital Monday and has contracted glandular
fever - he's been released but he is on maximum dosages of paracetamol, and
more frighteningly ibuprofen, and is refusing to eat. Now he's starting to
complain of stomache pains, I think becuase of the ibuprofen. Anyone got any
good ideas for how to tempt kids to eat ? He has to eat something with the
ibuprofen, and so far all we have managed to persuade him to do is down a
large glass of milk each time.

I've chucked every rule about healthy/organic/non-artificial foods out the
window and he can have ANYTHING as long as it gets energy into him!

I thought perhaps with the range of different thinking here, you might have
an idea for something which is sufficiently different and out of the
ordinary to catch his attention

many thanks

Karin