SC - (OT) food for ill kids

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 11:33:45 PDT 1999

Karin --

Jell-O, Jell-O, Jell-O!!  It's still my own favorite food to start back
on when I haven't been able to keep anything down for a day or more,
and kids (of all ages) really seem to appreciate those artificial
colors and flavors!  You can make it more exciting by layering 2 or 3
colors (got those clear Pyrex bowls?  Rainbow!)  I have a friend who
always drank warm Jell-O (me:ugh! he:yum!) as a kid when he had a sore
throat, and his kids still ask for that when they're sick.

I have also noticed that some kids will take another look at just about
anything if it's a new color.  Of course, other kids wouldn't go near
blue toast or green scrambled eggs with a ten-foot-pole.

Good luck!

- -- Harriet