SC - Art/Sci results

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jun 13 07:28:42 PDT 1999

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com wrote:

> On a whim, I decided last Tuesday that I would enter something in Art/Sci,
> since I had to be there with my Clan sister, da Queen.  I made rice puddings.

Congrats! I'm so glad to hear someone come away from an A&S competition
with a completely positive experience. They _do_ happen, surely, but
it's been a while since I've heard about one. Thank you for sharing the
experience and the recipe.

I do have one minor quibble, which I mention only as a way to take full
advantage of the ingredients you obviously chose so carefully, something
you might try in the future: the "farmes" [var. "tharmes"] mentioned are
intestines, I believe. These are, I think, supposed to be sausages. You
might check out Markham's other pudding recipes, which seem to be mixed
in with sausages ["links"] and black puddings, for a clear contextual
reference.  What you've come up with does sound a marvelous filling for
them, though. Hmmm. I have some sausage casings in the freezer... .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com