SC - BrusselsSprouts

Heather Payton tamamsk at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:29:24 PDT 1999

Hi to the list,
I was wondering if you could give me some help on Brussel Sprouts.  I am
catering a period feast and wanted to give them a go as there will be mostly
adults and they usually like them.  My question to the wise amongst us is
are the sprouts in question really the "minces" as claimed in Pleyn Delit?,
and if you think they are do they appear in any other sources apart from
this.  I know that they were grown in Belgium in the middle ages but were
they plentiful anywhere else?

Thanks in advance Heather