SC - Cone History

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Jun 24 07:45:07 PDT 1999

>There is an Italian dessert where sweetened marscapone (a type of
>cream cheese) is forced into a rolled wafer.  IIRC, I have seen a
>reference to this in relation to the 18th Century being prepared as a
>conical tube referred to as a cone.
>
>The sugar cone has a sealed point which makes it an actual cone rather
>than a conic section.  The above article while probably precisely
correct,
>leaves a lot of slack as it does not define the term cone.
>
>Bear

True, and while I wouldn't use "Extraordinary Origins" for documentation,
it is interesting in the info it does include, even if it doesn't cover
every base (well, after all, he is covering the origins of 'Absolutely
Everything', and it just isn't that big of a book!)
	Your description above sounds more like a cannoli to me.  How about
other cream-filled desserts?
Christianna