SC - OT - RE Rice wine

Weaver8002 at aol.com Weaver8002 at aol.com
Mon Jun 28 17:36:42 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/28/99 5:05:12 PM EST, mbrunzie at dba-sw.com writes:

<< Eh?  Pray, milord, what does a handful of oatmeal do for poison ivy?
 As my mother's farm is rife with the stuff, I can't forever count on
 my good fortune in keeping out of it...

I've found that washing well in water with a bit of bleach gets the poison
ivy oils off your skin and stops the out break if done right away.  You strip
in to the washer first, because the oil can be picked up off your clothing
just as easily as off the plants themselves.

Then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of bleach to a basin of water and wash everything
that was not covered while you were out -- hands, arms, legs.  You'll want to
use body lotion afterwards because this treatment will leave your skin dry.

If you don't catch it in time, add oatmeal to a cool bath and soak.

Of crouse, the best thing to do is to avoid it.

Margherita the Weaver