SC - Using sugar in spice quantities

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 23:02:31 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/8/99 4:14:57 AM !!!First Boot!!!, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< In the past on this list, some folks (Ras is one I can think of) mentioned
 adding a bit of sugar to foods, not as a sweetener but as a flavor enhancer.
 Well apparently you folks aren't alone. The following is from an email
 message of helpful hints from Martha Stewart that my mom sent me. >>

I don't know whether to be proud or offended. :-) Martha Stewart? Do you mena
she actually got out of the bedroom long enough to cook corn? I'm impressed.
:_0

BTW, MS is not one one of my favorite people and certainly has less
experience at doing actual cookery that 99 % of this list. Odd thing about
how  the steps of life often lead those who know  nothing about  the field
they are an expert in to glory while those who know are  often clerks or
sanitation engineers have infinitely more experience and knowledge. Makes you
wonder about the system this country has for 'recognition' in ones field,
doesn' t it?

Ras