SC - Re: sugar paste

Amanda B. Humphrey kwah at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 10 16:02:28 PDT 1999

****I used raw ingredients.  There is a commercial dry mix????  I had no idea!

>What were the tricks you did that finally got it to work?

*****Well, first of all it helps to use POWDERED sugar!  (The first mistake
I made)

>Did you just mold it with your hands? Or did you use something else
>to mold it with, such as other plates?

******I used various sized plates and bowls to mold my sugar plate.  I am
creating an entire place setting.  I also found a wonderful picture of a
design used on a place setting in the seventeenth century (circa 1610) in a
book called Painters & Food, The Dutch Table by Gillian Riley.  I am a
later period persona and tend to gear my displays that way.

I hope that answers your questions. :>

Lady Bebhinn