SC - Re: Invalid food

Stephen and Stephanie Dale sdale at mx00.us.hsanet.net
Fri Jun 11 06:50:51 PDT 1999

Just my two cents here, but have you tried miso soup? The white miso is very
mild and nourishing. According to Aveline Kushi, author of _Complete Guide
to Macrobiotic Cooking_, "Miso contains living enzymes that aid digestion,
strengthen the blood, and provides a nutritious balance of complex
carbohydrates, essential oils, protein, vitamins and minerals". I really
love the stuff, and my body says "give me more!" when I am drinking it. In
the Japanese restaurants it is served with small bits of tofu and nori
(seaweed). You can find it dried in single-serving packets at the health
food store. It reminds me a bit of beef broth, but since I am a veggie, I
tend to use it in place of beef broth in recipes.
And I craved it immediately after giving birth to my first child. It is not
wierd and does not taste funny. Your father may really like it; I urge you
to at least try it. Good luck and gods bless you and yours.

Aislinn