SC - Bhuna Prawn and Puri

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 18:16:56 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/11/99 11:53:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nannar at isholf.is writes:

<< Also where would I get the dry-roasted spices from?  Maybe dry roast
 >them myself or are they obtainable like that I wonder? >>

Most India type recipes (and other cuisines as well) specify that you roast
the spices before grinding or adding them. This is usually accomplished by
simply putting them in a small pan on the stove burner or, less often, by
putting them in the oven. Roasted spices, per se, are not often offered on a
retail level, so far as my experience has been.

Ras