SC - Re: Rendering/Tallow - was help with words

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Tue Jun 15 19:18:39 PDT 1999

I make soap and candles.  Tallow is rendered beef fat.  Suet is a specific
kind of beef fat (my grandmother used to put some out for the birds nailed
to a tree & covered with fine chicken wire to keep the squirrels out of it).
Lard is rendered pig fat (softer & not as good for soap or candlemaking).
Raoghnailt
Stan Wyrm, Artemisia
rygbee at montana.com