SC - ulp! I've been volunteered

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 23 22:36:06 PDT 1999

Meghan said:
> Yrchouns are good if you will have access to an oven. Simple, tasty and I
> never met a kid yet who didn't like making meatballs. Nothing beats squishing
> your fingers in other people's food.  ::grin::

Unfortunately, I recently suggested on the Ansteorra list to a Lady
that used "smalls" might want to use "children" as it was a more period
term. Well, that ignited a small firestorm that is just now dying down.

So, when I first glanced at Meghan's message, my first thought was
oh no! here we go again with another conversation about period terms
for children! Sigh. Well, "Yrchouns" *does* sound a lot like urchins.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****