SC - Recipe Request

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Mar 2 13:19:56 PST 1999

At 9:46 AM -0500 2/28/99, Kallyr at aol.com wrote:
>This is a salmon recipe I am currently considering using for my upcoming feast
>
>Salmon Roasted in Sauce
>Redaction by Minna Gantz (mka Sherry Levi)
>
>Ingredients:
>12 lb. salmon steak(s), about 3/4- 1" thick
>
>for the sauce:
>6 c. red wine
>3 Tbsp. cinnamon
>24-36 scallions, minced (depending on size)
>1/3 c. red wine vinegar
>2 Tbsp. ginger, powdered
>
>Serves: 12 tables of 8 (in feast context)

I've just posted my version of this recipe under the heading "Salmon (was:
meat and seafood marinades)". My guess is that the "small minced onion"
mentioned in the original recipe actually means "onions minced small", not
scallions; there was at the time a word "chibolles" which actually meant
green onions, scallions, and it isn't used here. We used rather less spice,
proportionately, and a good deal more vinegar.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook