SC - four and twenty blackbirds

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Tue Mar 2 15:10:11 PST 1999

In a message dates Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:00:28 EST,  LrdRas at aol.com
Subject: Re: SC - Dry Site Issues

(Snipped discussion of alcohol evaporation, grape juice, and Thomas
Jefferson)

<Site rules banning alcohol are intended to restrict the use of beverage
alcohol (exceptons include sites rented <from Mormans or Muslims) but some
people do not see it that way thereby necessitating more 'conservative'
<and 'creative' approaches in handling recipe ingresients.

Some Methodist churches are also firm in their stand against alcoholic
beverages, even as ingredients.  Do, as Lord Ras suggests, speak with the
church representative and explain how much wine you would like to use and
how it will be used.  If the site owner still says no, then amend your
menu.  Not to do so can get you in legal hot water if something untoward
happens or the site owner finds out you have violated the rental contract.
 Northkeep and Mooneschadowe (two Ansteorran groups) often use a Boy Scout
Camp that lies between our respective cities.  Normally, the Boy Scouts are
adamant in forbidding alcohol usage on their campsite, but we have built up
trust with them, and they are willing to write an exception into our rental
contracts, so that alcohol may not only be used in cooking, but also drunk
on site.

Yours in service,

Talana
Northkeep, Ansteorra
Tulsa, Oklahoma - the state where prohibition was not repealed until 1959,
and where you could not get liquor by the drink until 1982.  I'm not
joking.