SC - recipes with beer or ale

WICKHAM Raymond raymond.wickham at customs.gov.au
Tue Mar 2 19:24:32 PST 1999

renfrow at skylands.net writes:

<< My question is, can
 my 6 lbs. of baked flour be re-used for another recipe?

My personal experience is that if the flour isn't burnt (browned by baking),
it is probably good for a thickener, but not much else as the flavor has
changed and it has usually become very dry. But you might try using it and
adding a bit more liquid.  If the change in flavor doesn't bother you, I can't
see why there would be a problem.  Our predecessors would certainly be hard
pressed to toss that much flour without trying to come up with SOMETHING to do
with it!  :o)

Regards,

 Cindy

 (now to convince the neighbor to let me borrow her birds... ;-)  ) >>

Very understanding neighbor.... "I want to put your birds in a pie.... no,
really....  I'm serious... I won't hurt them... I promise....  no, really....
"  :o)

Lady Giuglia