SC - Re: [gdh] La nina?

Argent.Fox silvrfox at msn.fullfeed.com
Wed Mar 3 20:30:45 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/3/99 8:00:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> They have since become a
>  cultivated species with volunteers showing up in some western US ecosystems
>  as invasive nuisance.

That sounds about right.  The hedge behind my childhood home had to be
ruthlessly pruned several times a year to keep it from taking the whole yard,
and the one we had planted on the ditch bank we kept pruned by the expediency
of cutting it with the lawnmower every time we cut the yard.  If you know
South Carolina, you know that was at least twice a week in the summer
sometimes.  Even then we usually had to plow along the margin of the yard
every winter to keep it out of the yard.  To call it an aggressive grower
would be an understatement.  Not as aggressive as kudzu, but close.

Mordonna