SC - Puck's marzipan

MAYER,ING,SUSANNE FEM BIG-AT Susanne.Mayer at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Thu Mar 4 09:24:42 PST 1999

Lady Angeline di Aquila asked:
> I am thinking about doing a feast where we will be cooking a large amount
> of meat, either a half, or perhaps a suckling pig over a spit or will bury
> it in a pit.
>
> Does anyone have any experiences with one or both methods?

Well, I think I might be able to help just a little...

See this file in the FEASTS section of my Florilegium:
Whole-Pig-Fst-art (36K)  9/22/98    Feast menu and recipes incl. a roasted pig.

This one in the FOOD section:
whole-pig-msg     (19K) 11/ 2/98    Info. on roasting a whole pig. Experiences.

And depending upon how you get the pig, perhaps these articles in the
ANIMALS section:
pig-to-sausag-art (17K)  8/31/98    From pig to sausage by Mordonna Dubois.
butchering-msg    (35K)  2/25/99    Overview of butchering livestock and game.

Perhaps goat would be a good choice instead of a pig if you think that a whole
pig might be a bit much:
butch-goat-art    (16K)  7/14/98    "Butchering a Live Goat, for (and by)
                                       Beginners" by Charles McCathieNevile.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: