SC - Salmon (was: meat and seafood marinades)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Mar 5 22:40:23 PST 1999

At 10:49 AM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
 I've been told that I have a warming oven available to me.
>A big one. Only problem is, I've never used them before.
>Jasmine

I've now read several posts on warming ovens. some I agree with, some I
vehemently don't.  Pretty standard for this list.

You don't give any information describing the device. Given the regional
differences in nomenclature, this could lead to significant differences in
the correctness of what we tell you. Can you elucidate?

The ONE thing I will advise is: if you don't know how to use a particular
piece of equipment, DON'T!  You have a better chance of problems than not.
The easiest place to get instructions on what you have is for and how to
use it is a purveyor of foodservice equipment. Tell them a brand name and
model number and they can tell you EXACTLY what you have and what it can
do. They will even give you recommendations on how to specifically enhance
your feast using that equipment.

Being that kind of a reference is how those people sell equipment. They are
a wonderful resource which we as cooks often overlook. (DON'T trust
somebody who rents the stuff. *most* of them don't know anything more than
what the thing is called and how much it rents for.)

If you can describe it here, I may be able to tell you more. But please,
don't try to do anything but hold already hot food, and for no more than 1
hour if possible.

Franz
Calontir