SC - Fw: [medieval-leather] Shoes and Pattens

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Mar 7 06:34:06 PST 1999

Thanks for the website.  I'm using the recipe that was found under the SCA web
site under cooking and recipes.  It was one of the first things I tried.  To
simplify the recipe, I will probably use marmalade instead of boiling the
oranges in honey.  I preparing a feast for about a 100 in June.  I am planning
the usual cheeses, breads and butters, Lombard chicken, ravioli with a white
sauce of nuts, mushrooms, Stuffed grape leaves, Turkish lamb balls served with
yogurt and humus.  A hot curry over Kasha mixed with dried fruit, nuts and
wild rice.  For dessert, the apple pie tart.  As the theme of the event is
Murder in the Marches, I will serve head table a simile in the shape of an
iron maiden with a strawberry within.  The theme for the feast is that of a
siege engine captain/camp cook picking up recipes on the way to the Holy land.
I will substitute more common northern European items for Middle Eastern
items.
Particularly when lamb in this area is almost 3.00 a pound verses .97 a pound
for boneless country ribs.  There is also a basis against lamb in this area.
I personally love it.

Sorry got off track.  I will check the recipe on the site to see if it states
a date.

Thanks

Lord Frederick Holstein der Tollhase
Marche Three Towers, New barony yet unnamed, MK