SC - facsimile of Puck's marzipan

pop.efortress.com kappler at efortress.com
Sun Mar 7 16:56:47 PST 1999

Here is the complete recipe from the facsimile of Staindl's cookbook
1569 (sz = ß; u:o = u with o above etc.; u" = u Umlaut etc.):
<snip>

Wonderful!  Not the same one however, unless His Grace Duke Cariodoc's web
page is missing significant portions of the manuscript, or my eyes are going
the way of my brain cells and my liver.  The text that I (apparently quite
poorly) worked from appears to be a scan of the original manuscript, is not
nearly this long, and does not have many of the letters in the words that
this facsimile.  Your post DOES however follow almost word for word from the
first part of the manuscript on His Grace's web page.  Perhaps Duke Cariodoc
could enlighten us on the provenance of the text on his site?

regards, Puck