SC - need a wow! dish

Mon Mar 8 08:51:02 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/8/99 11:08:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, SigridPW at aol.com
writes:

<<  And as I said,
 6 to seven hours got Mr. Piggy done and on the plates!  :o)

 Lady Giuglia  >>

This is within reasonable time for  a 120 lb. unstuffed pig. I have no problem
with that. My main question was about the half to three quarters of a minute
per pound figure. This figure gives a time of 1 1/2 hrs for a 120 pig which
inaccurate. The figure would be something like 12 to 15 mins. per lb. using
your posted length of cooking time.

Like you I seldom use the mins per pound formulas given in modern cookery
manuals but rely on past experience to guide me. My main reason is that modern
cooking cooks everything underdone , IMO. I dislike half cooked vegies and
dislike rubbery meat even more. Sounds like a fun feast. :-)

Ras