SC - Names (OT)

upsxdls@Okstate.edu upsxdls at Okstate.edu
Thu Mar 11 06:25:46 PST 1999

I've always been shocked at how people stumble over my married last name,
Farnsworth.  To me it seems pretty straight forward, spelled phonetically
even.  Some variations (when telemarketers eventually spit it out, and
believe me they are challenged by this *difficult* name!) include:
Fransworth, Farmsworth, Frankswort, Farnesworth, Farnsroth, and even
Sarnesworth.  My favorite came as a typo on junkmail: Faensworkt (sounds
almost gaelic, huh?).  Scary!

Faoiltighearna
mka Margo Farnsworth