SV: SC - Names (OT)

Brokk H940114 at stud.kol.su.se
Thu Mar 11 07:07:35 PST 1999

Hi all from Anne-Marie

I am asked:
At 05:15 PM 3/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Can you send more details on firebox.  I will be taking a welding class soon,
>and SCA type projects would be welcomed.

Its sheet steel, welded into a box that's about a ft deep, a yard long and
a half yard wide. If we were going to do anything different, we'd have not
done a solid weld on the bottom, so we' could have more air movement and
drainage in the rain (yes, it rains that much here :)).

The legs are pipe, and seat into sockets. 18" long. They're held in place
with a pin, so that the firebox can be moved without them falling out.
They're removable for storage and transport.

It has substantial handles that stay cool wven when the box isfull of a
roaring fire. Has two removable grates of expanded steel stuff to support
pots, etc. We're making appropriate firedogs to support haning pots too.

The sucker is heavy, but I told our happy welder that it had tobe light
enough that when empty I can move it to my car, and it is. We painted it
black with bbq paint and it looks very nice.

hope this helps!
- --AM