SC - Cooking for special requests

Margo Hablutzel margolh at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Mar 11 08:50:12 PST 1999

> I think we may have gotten off the topic of the mold used, though, eh? (Adamantius)

Sorry for being TAN. I thought the question was:
   what shape has the "pfifferlingmodel" (pfifferling mold)
   in the Welser-cookbook?
Now I learned from the entry in Truebners dictionary and from your
comments on the descriptions that _problably_ the pfifferlingmodel did
not have the form of a chanterelle but of some other mushroom, maybe of
"_Lactaria piperata_ (Agaricus piperatus)" as suggested in the
Truebner-entry or of some other mushroom as suggested by our
mushroom-hunters.
In any case there seems to be evidence that the form of the mold _could_
have been more "mushroom-like" than the form of chanterelle. And this
(if true) seems to me a good finding in respect to the abovementioned
question.

> Why do you assume that all  these descriptions apply to the chanterelle? (Karin Oughton)

This earlier assumption of mine is probably wrong.

Cheers,
Th.