SC - missing girl

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Thu Mar 11 17:54:32 PST 1999

I am planning to redact a recipe this weekend, which is something I
have little experience with.  This one is Spanish (what else?), and
is for salmon steak in casserole.  The instructions are to cook it in
the casserole dish with herbs and a small amount of liquid over the
coals/embers ("brasas").  Other similar recipes for fish in
casserole, suggest the oven as an alternative, though the recipe for
sardines discourages the use of the oven, on the grounds that it
provides heat above and below and may be too hot.  From this I
conclude that a fairly gentle heat is called for.

If I have little experience in redacting, I have none in fireplace
cookery.  Can some more knowledgeable gentle tell me what level
of heat would simulate cooking over embers?  If it makes a
difference, my stove is electric (yes, I know, but the house came
that way and I can't afford to replace it yet).

All advice will be gratefully received.

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)