SC - RE: Period indian Cookbooks.

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 16:26:23 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/14/99 3:04:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, Seton1355 at aol.com
writes:

<< But where do you
 get these gourds?  I've never heard of them.  Do they go by another name?
 Thank you,
 Phillipa >>

M'lady,

You can get these gourds from my garden in season or you can go to Agway or
any other garden center and buy the seeds of 'Italian Edible Gourds' or the
seeds of  'Luffa sponge' gourds. As you know  from personal experience, our
local makets are not noted for supplying anything that smacks of food that the
majority of the world's population eats except on rare occasions so the
closest thing you will probably find at our local markets is zucchini (also
new world) which has a texture and taste similar to white flowered gourds.
This year I plan on putting some of these up in the freezer so Guild members
will have them to 'play' with in the off season.

Ras