SC - last message

Carolina D. Milne milnec at animail.net
Mon Mar 15 07:45:31 PST 1999

Good morning, my friends!

I (vaguely) recall a discussion about scaling recipes up from a
peck of peckish people to a pack of ravenous wolves... and I recall
that you can't usually just multiply the spices like you might
multiply the flour and milk.

I made a batch of cinnamon mead, with 4 sticks of cinnamon to one
gallon of mead, and I was curious about the multiplication factor.
My plan is to have the cinnamon sticks stay in the brewing mead
for the entire carboy time, and perhaps to stick a piece in some of
the bottles when I bottle it.  Can I just multiply the 4 sticks per
one gallon by five and use twenty sticks of cinnamon for a five gallon
carboy, or should I use, say, ten sticks?\

===
Conchobar Mac Muirchertaig