SC - Needing help with almond milk

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Mar 15 18:02:41 PST 1999

> I was just going to do Spain in general, a little from various periods.
>
> What I really *wanted* to do was one main dish from Islamic sources, one from
> Christian, and one from Jewish.  Preferrably things from around springtime so
> the Islamic one would be something with meat in it, the Christian one would be
> Lenten, and the Jewish one would be breadless (for Pesach).  A salad or snack-y
> type thing for while giving the presentation itself, and finish off with a
> dessert like dried apricot and white wine pastries (a very rough description of
> something I found in the arte de cozina).

There are a few files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium that might
be of some help.
fd-Spain-msg      (13K) 11/11/98    Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.
fd-Jewish-msg     (43K)  8/21/98    Jewish medieval food. Sources.
fasts-msg         (21K)  3/ 3/99    Fasts and fastdays. Food restrictions.

As you mention springtime, perhaps a salad. I don't know which ones given
in this file might be Spanish though:
salads-msg        (94K) 11/30/98    Period salads. lettuce, greens.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****