SC - Kosher Food Laws

Anna Potts estria at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 23:14:22 PST 1999

Gertraud asked:

<snip of a multitude of egg preservation techniques in the 19th and 20th
centuries>

> Question:  Where would I look for more information on methods of keeping
> eggs before modern conveniences?  Can any of you shed more light on this
> subject for me?

We have discussed a few here, but not near this many. Of course some of
the menthods mentioned are definitely modern. This file in the FOOD
section of my Florilegium discusses one or two different methods:
eggs-msg          (95K)  8/21/98    Egg storage. Recipes. Substitutions.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****