SC - A different egg question-part 2

Lady Elisabeth pndarvis at execpc.com
Wed Mar 17 07:49:37 PST 1999

Greetings the list

At our most recent cooks guild meeting we dyed eggs using natural dyes.
The colors came out amazingly bright!  I will post pictures once I get them
developed.
I know the cabbage and the onion-skin dyed eggs are safe to eat.  I am
wondering if the eggs boiled for 20 minutes in water containing crushed
cochneal (did I get the spelling at least close?) are safe to eat?  And
where could I find more information on natural dyes - other colors, period
colors...  I found 2 relevant web sites, and of those, one lists dyes and
then states some of these (and does not specify which) are not safe to eat
;-(.

So thank you all for the help!

Gwen-Cat
Caerthe