Long pig (was Re: SC - re: digest 1298)

Jgoldsp@aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 15:05:13 PST 1999

This is great. Thank you for the information.  To add to this briefly: to
kosher meat (something no-one does anymore because you can buy your meat
already koshered) you soak it in cold water for an hour, take it out place
on a rack and cover both sides with kosher salt (the thick kind found on
soft pretzels).  Let sit for an hour and rinse. Repeat 2 more times.  This
is what my mother taught me to do when I was a little girl of 8.

Sindara