SC - St. Joseph's Day

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Mar 17 18:47:25 PST 1999

I have a globe trotting friend who went local in various places in the third
world.  He claims to have an authentic long pig recipe out of Papua/New
Guinea.  It is supposed to have been given him by a fellow who claims have
gotten it from his grandfather as a family heirloom.  It was apparently a
specialty of his grandfather's.   If anyone really wants it I will see if he
will oblige.

I try to stay away form the subject myself as a passing reference got me in
some hot water "no pun intended" about 10 years back.  I was passing a
cooking fire when a Baroness, I won't say who, burned herself stirring the
stew.  It got me to thinking on the subject of long pig and in that context
I made a totally innocent reference to the smell of roast pork.  I have been
persona non grati with her excellency to this very day.